To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Practice Operations Manager is responsible for managing various NEMG Community sites. This position is integral to the leadership team and serves as a liaison among and between the clinicians and operations. This individual will also oversee and direct all NEMG related functions and projects performed at NEMG sites. Working with their NEMG Executive Director or Director, oversees designated operating expense and budgets. The manager will work to meet best practice operations. The manager will focus on ensuring that community based practices maintain productivity measures, value and quality based measures, and satisfaction among patients, staff and clinicians. Recommend, develop and implement policy and procedures. Support special projects, as directed. Exemplifies behaviors reflecting Service Excellence and support of the Strategic Dimensions by modeling the Core Success Factors as described in the Performance Review.
- 1. Responsible to manage the assigned practice supervisors/coordinators. Responsible to manage and hold sites accountable to their financial targets, quality targets and maintain optimal workflow. Provide direction to practice supervisors/coordinators to improve performance using quality metrics/standards. Responsible to continuously evaluate the performance of the practice using these metrics/standards..
- 2. Oversee the site supervisors/coordinators maintain optimal front end revenue cycle processes (patient registration, appointment scheduling, copay collection and eligibility). Working with the CPBS Team to monitor claim denial trends at the practice and work to improve performance. Identifies, disseminates, and educates physicians and practice staff on third party billing policies as evidenced by billing and AR trends.
- 3. Coordinate the on-boarding process of new clinicians to the practice and all operational aspects of integrating new clinicians to NEMG. Follow on-boarding check list to ensure new clinician is successful.
- 4. Assists in the analysis and interpretation of business unit financial and operating reports. Assists with preparing yearly budget and capital requests. Will meet with site supervisor and clinicians to review budget variance reports and communicates corrective actions.
- 5. Coordinate IT functions and services at the practice sites. Develop working knowledge of EPIC and other applications used within NEMG. Coordinate EPIC Optimization when necessary.
- 6. Works with the Value Based Team to evaluate, communicate and monitor the ACO and Third Party Performance metrics. Participates in work groups to develop methods to improve quality/performance measures. Communicate measures to site supervisors/coordinators and determine workflow to meet measures.
- 7. Prepares staffing analysis for the practice sites. Responsible for oversight of recruitment, orientation and training of new staff. Assists with employee relation issues and if necessary responsible for oversight of employee termination. Ensures all staff are trained for their respective roles. Provides on going training and retraining to staff regarding standard workflow.
- 8. Manages medical and office supply vendor relationships including some ordering and tracking of supplies. Assures proper security and maintenance of offices, equipment and supplies.
- 9. Performs administrative duties including completing NEMG payroll, PO request process, Infor expense approvals, Strata capital request process, and various other processes to maintain daily functions of the practices. Ensure practices are utilizing YNHH approved vendors when ordering supplies and other supply chain vendors.
- 10. Participates in appropriate seminars and in-services and maintains knowledge medical group management. Keeps abreast on trends in the healthcare industry. Participates on NEMG committees, task forces and work groups to address issues and implement NEMG goals. Serves as interim practice coordinator/supervisor.
- 11. Performs other duties as required.
- 12. Implements, and monitors NEMG systems, policies and standards that maintain, measure and improve operations, service, and satisfaction among patients, physicians, and staff.
- 13. Contributes to and implements effective communication systems to ensure ongoing updates with staff and all operational, quality and/or other business or human resource issues within the region.
- 14. Works with Legal, Risk Management and Compliance departments to ensure proper compliance activities and safeguards. Ensure practices are also in compliance with any state, federal or other regulatory agencies.
- 15. Facilities: participates in facility design and renovation of spaces. Works with Real Estate staff to facilitate their management and oversight of all leases and property management. Coordinates all non-clinical and support functions related to program expansion or consolidations. Ensures new space conforms to all applicable regulations. Wok with FD&C department to coordinate all projects, along with the IT Project Management Team.
B.A. or B.S. in Management, Health Care Administration, or related degree
Candidates that are currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree will be considered.
Three to five years of healthcare supervisory and operations experience, preferred in ambulatory practice setting.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of health care industry desirable. Ability to multitask high volume activity, other practice management software. Ability to deal with all levels of management and different types of staff.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids. Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.