To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Medical Director, IT (MDIT) will have both system and site responsibilities. The MDIT will provide input into the design, development, and implementation of evidence-based clinical best practices within the EMR. In addition, the MDIT should be identified as a resource for the local medical community. The MDIT will actively participate in the selection, implementation, training and support of all clinical applications. The MDIT will champion the goals and objectives of the YNHHS Business Plan. The MDIT will act as a conduit for new ideas and feedback from the medical staff while also proactively mentoring and educating the staff on system functionality and promoting frequent and consistent use.
- 1. Develops relationships with medical staff to foster adoption of IT and serves as an effective resource for ITS and the Epic project team.
- 2. Actively strives to meet or exceed IS related goals contained in the YNHHS Business Plan including but not limited to CPOE, electronic documentation, bedside medication verification and eMAR.
- 3. Continually strives to increase active and consistent use of application suites through mentoring, education, communication and collaboration with Medical and House Staff. Makes self available during peek use times during morning and evening rounding by medical staff.
- 4. Actively seeks feedback from users in order to target opportunities for system enhancements and optimization. Collaborates with users, IS and vendors on designing, testing, implementing and supporting enhancements.
- 5. Continued professional and educational advancement in technologies supporting quality patient care. Regularly participates in vendor hosted webinars and annual conferences and remains current on vendor offerings and upgrades.
- 6. Insure solutions selected and implemented are cost effective through maximizing the utilization and optimization of available application suites and functionality. Promotes the value, integration and economies of single-system solutions vs. more costly and complex best-of-breed solutions.
- 7. Represent IS as the MDIT at committee meetings including: BMV, Documentation, HIS Steering, IS staff, LIS project, Med Reconciliation, Physician IT Task Force, and others as determined appropriate by the CMIO.
MD degree. Current licensure with the State of CT. Formal education in IT preferred.
Trained in Clinical Medical Informatics with an interest in EMR implementation. Exceptional communicator, educator and team participant. Ability to mentor both technology adept and challenged colleagues. Ability to mentor users of all technological levels. Visionary and problem solver.
MD degree. Current licensure with the State of CT.
Exceptional communicator, educator and team participant. Ability to mentor both technology adept and challenged colleagues. Ability to mentor users of all technological levels. Visionary and problem solver.
Work frequently with computer screens, keyboard and mouse for long periods of time; must be able to easily read computer screens & reports; must be able to differentiate colors and audible tones. High degree of mobility to attend meetings on and off campus and coordinate tasks. Minimum of 37 ? hours days per workweek on site. Additional evening and weekend work both from here and home will be required during peak implementation phases, House Staff training and upgrades. Some travel required when attending work related events off-site.