To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Responsible for supporting the overall operations of the Respiratory Therapy Department. Delivers and removes respiratory care equipment
to ensure good working condition and sufficient supply. Responsible for ventilator and non-invasive ventilator fleet including availability, cleaning, set up, operational
verification, and distribution. To support, and deliver respiratory care, in accordance to departmental, clinical , and academic verification; under the supervision and direction of a Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- 1. Manages and distributes equipment to ensure adequate supply at all times, uses PDAD correctly to maintain
par levels of supplies
- 1.1 Checks all dirty utility rooms for and other areas for respiratory care equipment and returns equipment
to appropriate area or CSS.
- 2. Assists therapists with transport of mechanically ventilated patients and responds to equipment requests to
ensure an efficient and orderly process and assist supervisor /charge therapist with staffing requirements.
- 2.1 Ensures transport ventilators are set up correctly with gas supply and connectors and correct par levels
of transport ventilators are maintained in each area as observed by supervisor or therapist.
- 3. Cleans and sets up equipment, ventilators, and non invasive devices; maintains equipment and the
respiratory care work areas to ensure efficient operations . Completes all related paperwork when appropriate.
- 3.1 Maintains the environment of care in department work areas on a daily basis i.e. tidies satellite, storage
areas and cleans refrigerators, wipes counter tops, etc.
- 4. To provide and support continuity of patient care, and clinical operational support under the direction and supervision of a Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- 4.1 Provide and support respiratory care services in accordance to departmental practice guideline(s) and at the direction/supervision of a licensed respiratory care practitioner.
High school graduation or equivalent experience and/or training. Requires a current and active enrollment in a CoARC approved Respiratory Care Program.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of both Clinical and Didactical completion of Respiratory Therapy Academic completion of an accredited CoARC Respiratory Care Program-Evident of submission by College/University Program Director or appointee; with College/University letter head.
Required BLS and ACLS credentials; Preferred: other allied credentials (i.e. EMT/CNA/MA) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
Ability to make arithmetic computations with accuracy and moderate speed. Good interpersonal and communication skills.