To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Organizes And Conducts Treatment Groups And Therapy Programs To Promote Independence, Facilitate Rehabilitation That Are Appropriate To The Needs Of The Patients That Are Directed Toward Restoring And Maintaining Optimal Levels Of Physical And Psychosocial Functioning..
- 1. Completes Admission Occupational Therapy Assessment Based On The Patient Data Form, Interaction With Patient, Medical Record Review, Observation Of Patient In A Group, And Observation Of Patient In The Melieu.
- 2. Participates In The Formulation And Implementation Of Individualized Interdisciplinary Treatment Plan Based On A Thorough Assessment Of Patient?S Problems And Needs.
- 3. Demonstrates An Understanding Of Group Dynamics And Effectively Leads Designated Program Treatment Groups, That Are Directed Toward Restoring Optimal Levels Of Physical And Psychological Functioning.
- 4. Performs Skills Evaluations, And Identify Reasons Individuals Have Difficulty With Everyday Life Tasks.
- 5. Documents Patient Progress Toward Goals For All Treatment Groups.
- 6. Conducts And Documents Regular Reviews Of Treatment Effectiveness/ Patient Progress. Identifies Treatment Plan Revisions That Are Measurable, Individualized, And Appropriate To The Identified Problem Based On Progress Or Lack Of Progress.
- 7. Demonstrates An Ability To Establish And Maintain Meaningful Therapeutic Relationships With Patients.
- 8. Schedules One On One Sessions With Patient, Based On Treatment Objectives When Patients Are Unable To Attend Groups.
- 9. Identifies Underlying Problems Through Group And Individual Treatment To Address Problems In All Areas Related To Performance: Cognitive; Physical/Motor; Psychological; And Perceptual..
- 10. Effectively Manages Crisis Situations/Routine Treatment Interactions With Due Respect For Patient Rights, Legal/Ethical Obligations, And The Therapeutic Goals Of Any Interventions Used.
- 11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Ms In Occupational Therapy.
Previous Experience In Hospital-Based Or Outpatient Mental Health Facility Helpful; Minimum Of Two (2) Years Psychiatric Experience, Preferably With Inpatient Adult Population.
By State Of Connecticut Division Of Medical Quality Assurance.
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.