To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs therapeutic communication and interventions with psychiatric patients. Observes the condition of the patient and communicates with the Charge Nurse on an ongoing basis concerning the patient?s behavior. Reports any unusual situation or incidents observed. Works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- 1. Demonstrates an ability to establish and maintain a therapeutic rapport with patients and maintains appropriate boundaries and a non-judgmental attitude.
- 2. Assists in the management of the unit by providing astute observations.
- 3. Assists patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADL).
- 4. Demonstrates the ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- 5. Takes and records vital signs, weights, and all other biological needs. Notifies RN of any abnormal findings.
- 6. Documents patient response to interventions, progress toward goal, and Patient/Family Education at regular intervals in compliance with policy.
- 7. Completes environmental rounds, patient safety observations, hourly rounds, and patient safety plans.
- 8. Participates in Unit CQI and Chart QA
- 9. Meets performance expectations for Standards of Professional Behavior
- 10. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
1) High School Graduate with active enrollment in a Bachelor?s degree program in a Psychology or related field and obtainment of degree within 2 years.
2) Bachelor?s degree in Human Services related field.
3) Bachelor?s degree in Psychology or related field.
1) With High School diploma, must have minimum of 4 years previous experience working with an acute psychiatric inpatient population.
2) Active enrollment in bachelor?s degree program, no experience required, but some mental health experience preferred.