To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Call Center Supervisor acts as a resource assisting Call Center Operators with more complex issues, problem resolution and providing necessary training. Able to troubleshoot and interact with internal and external representation regarding system issues when appropriate. Maintains highest level of understanding of systems functionality and work flow processes affecting the operations of the Call Center. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other analytic tools. Identifies trends in Call center that are negatively impacting the unit and proactively communicates issues involving process improvement and customer service opportunities to management. Also, develops innovative and viable solutions. Monitors staff activity to identify deficiencies and assess effectiveness of overall training effort. Acts as a technical resource and demonstrates a willingness and ability to work collaboratively with others for concise and timely flow of information.
- 1. Provide leadership and supervision to call center operators
- 2. Provide oversight of group functioning, assignments and provides supervision to staff in day to day assignments.
- 3. Provides organization and support to the orientation of new staff, incorporation into the organization and the department as a whole and provides leadership and direction as needed to all members.
- 4. Brings issues forward that are central to the role and contributes to the improvement and ongoing development of core critical processes.
- 5. Utilizes principles of patient and family centered care to direct interventions and changes in a fast paced environment.
- 6. Continually identifies new opportunities to promote professional development and success as an interdisciplinary member of Yale New Haven Health staff, bridging throughout the continuum for the quality care of all patients.
- 7. Provides daily supervision and support to all members of group, including daily staffing.
- 8. Meets with Leadership to develop goals to consistently advance and support the philosophy and goals of YNHHS Call Center Department and the health system.
- 9. Provides modeling of professional behaviors at all times
- 10. Takes opportunities to demonstrate visionary thinking, and supports others to do the same.
- 11. Sets example for accountability and responsibility of all daily activities and hold others accountable for the same.
- 12. Is able to manage group dynamics, able to recognize when group is not functioning at capacity and develops plan/structure to improve teamwork.
- 13. Demonstrates confidence in self and is open to feedback from all.
Bachelors Degree required in a health related field.
Two to five years of experience working in a health care environment. Experience in overseeing daily operations and processes. Experience with onboarding, training and education of department staff. Experience with flexible schedule patterns to meet the needs of a fast paced, high volume Call Center setting.
Remains expert in area and provides supervision in the call center formally and informally.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Proficient in Microsoft software and EHR
Demonstrates expert practice in daily activities.
Remains Aware of advances and trends in practice and processes and applies them in practice.
Demonstrates all core competencies of Call Center roles and responsibilities.
Participates in the orientation of new staff.