To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the imaging section manager and physician director, coordinates staff and resources to achieve hospital and departmental goals, regulatory compliance, and service excellence through active participation in departmental planning, policy implementation, teaching, research, and direct oversight of day-to-day operations of the imaging service.
To meet the staffing needs of the department, as necessary, Diagnostic Radiology staff may be assigned at any of the YNHH Diagnostic Radiology locations, regardless of your regularly assigned work location.
- 1. Acts as a front line supervisor to coordinate the daily operations of the imaging section to ensure a smooth, efficient, and high quality service. Consults with other departments when necessary to effectively coordinate patient exams and utilize staff and resources efficiently.
- 2. Performs imaging exams and/or provides support for the technical and ancillary staff at least 50% of the time to meet the needs of the service and maintain good technical skills.
- 3. Oversees the patient schedule daily and makes adjustments as needed to accommodate the needs of the referring physicians, patients, and clinics to provide excellent customer service.
- 4. Prepares an efficient staffing and on-call schedule to meet the demands of the service with minimal use of overtime and salary expense. Arranges appropriate staff coverage for vacations, holidays, and unscheduled absences.
- 5. Communicates effectively with patients, physicians, technologists, nurses and other staff concerned with the service. Uses problem solving techniques, independent judgment, and good interpersonal skills to address issues effectively as they arise and initiate service recovery.
- 6. Monitors technical quality of work through periodic audits and takes corrective action to make improvements or to assist with implementation of new processes or imaging protocols when directed.
- 7. Coordinates equipment service and maintenance schedules and assists with Quality Assurance in accordance with JCAHO, DPH, DEP, OSHA, MQSA, FDA, ACR, CAP, and NRC requirements.
- 8. Understands and works to ensure others are following regulatory mandated policies such as safety/infection control policies, etc
- 9. Responsible for ordering supplies, maintaining appropriate stock par levels, and utilization oversight to achieve budget targets. Delegates tasks to others as appropriate.
- 10. Assists manager and physician director with the selection, orientation, and training of new employees as well as in-service education, annual staff competencies, performance reviews, recommendations for promotions or transfers, and performance documentation for staff recognition or disciplinary action.
- 11. Competent as a superuser for computer-based applications such as Centricity, Synapse, Kronos, Lawson, etc, and any other job-related computer applications as deemed appropriate.
- 12. Fosters a work environment of high employee morale and job satisfaction through good teamwork, regular communication with staff, environmental cleanliness, and workplace safety measures. Helps to resolve or diffuse staff morale issues as they arise.
Bachelor's degree in Science or Business or Health Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification in one or more health disciplines in Diagnostic Imaging.
Three (3) to seven(7) years experience as a diagnostic imaging technologist, with at least three years' experience in the specific specialty area with demonstrated above average technical skills.
Two years prior lead technologist or supervisory experience preferred .
Certification by the appropriate governing body as a technologist in good standing in one or more diagnostic imaging disciplines. Advanced certification in the modality preferred. Licensed as required by the State of Connecticut.
Excellent interpersonal communications, customer service, and organizational skills. Must also be proficient with computer-based applications.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds to assist with patient transfers.