To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Performs a variety of duties to ensure that all persons entering the Hospital are authorized and are presented a positive image which maintains the highest standards of customer satisfaction and service orientation. Provides general information related to hospital services; distributes literature on specific health care programs; performs emergency procedures as required and provides efficient directions. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Must become a trained medical interpreter within one year of hire.
- 1. Controls access to facility.
- 1.1 Ensures that visitors entering the hospital have the proper directions for the area being visited and are visiting during appropriate visiting hours as monitored by feedback from units and departments.
- 2. Provides directions to patients, visitors, and employees.
- 2.1 Provides accurate directions to patients, visitors, and employees as observed by supervisor and as indicated by visitor and employee feedback.
- 3. Provides literature on hospital policies and programs to patients, visitors and employees.
- 3.1 Distributes literature related to hospital policy and procedures to patients, visitors, and employees upon request as observed by supervisor.
- 4. Performs duties related to fire and disaster emergencies.
- 4.1 Performs specified duties for assigned post during fire emergencies as documented in drill reports.
- 5. Generates reports on unusual occurrences at assigned post.
- 5.1 Identifies and reports maintenance problems as they occur as observed by supervisor.
- 6. Uniforms are worn according to department policy and a professional appearance is projected and maintained.
- 6.1 Trousers are always clean and pressed as observed by supervisor.
- 7. Observes visitor and vehicle activity in the traffic circle.
- 7.1 As needed, goes outside to the circle to provide assistance to visitors who need additional support as they exit their vehicles. This may include providing a wheelchair and wheeling the visitor into the lobby.
High school graduate plus additional specialized training. Must become a trained medical interpreter within one year of hire.
Customer service experience preferred, 12 months previous experience required.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, Sensitivity for people in crisis, Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk .The employee must frequently
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds,
occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds. The specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Incumbents as well as external and internal applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the
essential job functions with or without the assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by