To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reporting to the Director, Value Analysis, the Corporate Supply Chain Clinical Manager leads the Value Analysis
Nurses with overall responsibility to develop and execute a structured approach that will maximize our application of Supply Chain data analytics and clinical evidence leading to best in class efficiency, product standardization safety and utilization.This position is also responsible for all activities related to the Yale New Haven Health System Clinical Governance Committee (CGC) and Nursing product committees. The Corporate Supply Chain Clinical Manager is the lead clinician regarding safety of supply chain products as well as supporting new product research, acting as the liaison over clinical committees and ensuring appropriate clinical support is provided to complex and broad scaled value analysis projects. The incumbent must combine strong quantitative skills and disciplined task management capabilities with high levels of interpersonal skills and diplomacy to be able to function effectively within an ambiguous environment. The applicant must demonstrate the ability to interface with clinicians, senior management and support staff to foster the team approach to safe, effective standardized patient products.
- Partners with Supply Chain Medical Director to spearhead safety initiatives, clinical committee presentations , operational processes and clinical interventions as required
- Represents lead clinical support with Clinical and Nursing Governance Committees
- Develops system wide process relating to safety and quality initiatives surrounding supply chain impacted products.
- Responsible for educating and mentoring Value Analysis Clinicians to ensure timely and accurate completion of assigned responsibilities as well as improve the efficiency of the team?s performance.
- Manages the daily activities of all staff to ensure the efficient and timely completion of initiatives to meet operational and financial objectives of the Value Analysis team. Ensures the team is operating at a high level of efficiency; utilizing process improvement techniques where appropriate. Establish measurable individual and departmental goals and objectives.
- Responsible for maintenance and administration of a system-wide value analysis process with the goal of providing high quality, efficient and cost-effective service; this process requires the establishment of and adherence to a streamlined method for standardizing and monitoring product /service selection, utilization and costs
- Responsible for developing and maintaining standardized project tools to monitor and ensure project objectives remain on target and are achieved in accordance with the project deadline
- Assists the staff in developing and preparing meaningful and impactful presentations based on collected data to effectively communicate product analysis which will support changes to appropriate stakeholders
- Actively works with members of the health care team and system teams to assist them with product selection and conversions, which includes listening to concerns, mediating user issues with vendors/manufacturers, and following up on product quality concerns
- Directs product/service selection and introduction, investigation, analysis, education, conversion, issues and tracking projected outcomes
- Collaborates with system committee members, executive leadership, senior management and departmental resources to identify areas of opportunity and to identify and develop a pipeline of new projects and initiatives.
- Accountable for coaching, guiding and mentoring staff to improve the efficiency of the team's performance and to facilitate their professional development including timely orientation and performance reviews
- Provides vision and leadership to staff in a collaborative environment that offers job satisfaction, recognition and stimulates innovative thinking to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Leads by example, successfully demonstrating the personal attributes defined in the Yale New Haven Health System Mission, Vision and Values and Standards of Professional Behavior
- Meets team financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assisting in preparing an annual budget ; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Understands and takes full advantage of GPO and NPC contracts and offerings where appropriate.
- Participation in regional and national supply chain groups to ensure Yale New Haven Health System is fully informed on leading practices in the health care supply chain.
Master's, MD, or other Advanced level degree in a clinical field of study required.
Seven plus (7+) years professional relevant work experience. Previous leadership experience required. Quality improvement and patient safety knowledge required. A working knowledge of regulatory and operational guidelines that govern the relevant clinical area.
Project management skills, including the ability to identify stakeholders, plan steps, coordinate and allocate resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a timely manner Leadership skills, including comfort with decision-making responsibilities; coaching, teaching, and counseling skills; and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support. Strong communication and interpersonal skills including skills at persuasion and negotiation. Computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
This position is responsible for monitoring and leading value analysis nursing as well as safety initiatives and supporting standardization initiatives in various departments across the health system. Assigned projects are complex and/or clinical in nature.
Clinical license in good standing in areas of RN, Pharmacist, PA or MD required.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMAND:
Must have the ability to travel to various sites across the health system.