To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides financial support and guidance to assigned service lines, functional areas and administrative officers. Performs monthly review of operating results including volumes, revenues, and expenses. Reports findings and discusses action plans with appropriate operational leaders. Provides guidance and support during the annual operating and capital budget processes. Completes financial feasibility and return on investment analyses for new clinical programs. Monitors and reports on newly implemented or underperforming business plans. Works with analyst team to ensure accuracy and data integrity of the cost accounting system.
- 1. Key finance lead for assigned service lines and functional areas.
- 2. Utilizing the cost accounting, electronic medical record and other systems completes financial feasibility of new clinical programs. This includes pulling together all major assumptions such as volumes, payer mix, net revenue, capital requirements and operating expense and producing a 5 year forecast and return on investment.
- 3. Perform monthly review and monitoring of service line operating results including volume, revenue and expense. Reports findings to operational leaders and works collaboratively with them to recommend corrective action plans for underperforming business lines.
- 4. Active participant in the month end close process. Perform cost center variance analyses, create budget adjustments as required, and completes various journal entries and strategic accruals. Works with operational areas to explain and rectify major budget variances.
- 5. Provide guidance and support to service lines and functional areas during the annual operating and capital budget cycles. Ensure operational leaders understand the budget roll-forward and provide guidance for budget mitigation and reallocation items.
- 6. Develop an in-depth knowledge of the cost accounting system and worki with financial analysts to ensure the data integrity of the system.
- 7. Integrate and streamline data from various systems and implement clinical, operational and financial reports for assigned service lines.
- 8. Review flexible budget results for accuracy and report results to operational leaders on a monthly basis.
- 9. Prepare various schedules, surveys and forms as required for benchmarking or external regulatory reporting. Responsible for preparing the financial schedules for certificate of need process.
- 10. Participate in the development and monitoring of funds flow models between the Health System and Yale University.
- 11. Participate and support Hospital and Health System finance customer relations policy and programs.
- 12. Perform other related duties as required by Financial Planning and Health System leadership.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
Minimum of three years experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Hospital/Healthcare experience preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to exercise creativity and initiative in making recommendations. Proficient with Microsoft Office including MS Access. Knowledge of the hospital/health care industry desirable.
No special demands.