To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Under the direction of the Food & Nutrition Supervisor or Clinical Nutrition Manager, this position assists in transporting and serving food to patients. Employee performs various cleaning and sanitation functions.
- 1. Assembles & Distributes Patient Trays.
- 1.1 Ensures that assigned workstation is set-up before the meal in accordance with procedures as observed by supervisor.
- 2. Tray delivery and retrieval.
- 2.1 Follows the trayline delivery and retrieval procedures.
- 3. Room Service Operator.
- 3.1 Follows room service operator procedures.
- 4. Sanitation.
- 4.1 Maintains appropriate sanitation in-service areas and prep areas to assure a sanitary working environment.
- 5. Safety.
- 5.1 Assure the safety of patients, staff and visitors through enforcement of department safety policies and procedures.
- 6. Additional tasks.
- 6.1 Performs any additional assignments as required by the supervisor/manager.
High School diploma or equivalent.
One year related experience.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Able to read and speak English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk .The employee must frequently
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds,
occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds. The specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Incumbents as well as external and internal applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the
essential job functions with or without the assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by