To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reporting to the PCS Manager / Clinical Coordinator, the Registered Nurse (RN) functions as an integral member of the healthcare team while providing excellent clinical care and exemplary customer service. The RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and supervises individual patient care according to hospital and department policies and procedures. He/she provides supervision and delegation of appropriate tasks to non-RN personnel on the assigned unit. If assigned to function in the charge role, delegates and supervises unit activities per defined expectations. Cross-trains to work in the New London ED / Psychiatric Emergency Services and Pequot Emergency Departments as needed/assigned. Performs other duties as assigned or requested in order to maintain a high level of service.
- 1. Assesses The Patient's Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
- 2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
- 3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
- 4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
- 5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
- 6. Once authorized, functions as psychiatric emergency nurse as assigned.
- 7. Once authorized, functions as triage nurse as assigned.
- 8. Once authorized, functions as a charge nurse as assigned.
- 9. Once authorized, functions as a preceptor to new staff as assigned.
- 10. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- 11. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
- 12. Unit Specific Responsibilities
- 12.1 Recognizes scope of responsibilities and functions within limitations of job description. Demonstrates and maintains competency in relevant clinical and technical skills according to established standards of practice and implements appropriate emergency nursing actions.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN Preferred. Proficient in use of computer software to include electronic patient records. Must have ability to use internet for literature searches regarding care for patients.
Previous ED experience preferred
Valid State of Connecticut Registered Nurse license
CURRENT BLS REQUIRED UPON HIRE. ACLS and PALS required within 3 months of hire. CPI required within 1 year of hire. TNCC, CEN strongly preferred.