To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direct supervision of the RN or Patient Care Manager, performs duties to care for the Emergency patients. This includes assisting the RN or Physician with direct patient care and performing EKG's, phlebotomy, splinting, point of care testing, data collection on temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure measurements, pain etc. Stocks supplies, sets up equipment, transports patients, performs constant observation and other related duties. Helps maintain a clean, ordered and safe work area.
- 1. Conducts patient care under the direction of the RN.
- 1.1 Accepts patient into cubicle and removes clothing, bags and labels. Provides patient a pillow
- 2. Performs non-sterile treatments such as: cold compresses, post-mortem care, Foley catheter care, Ace bandages, applying casts and orthopedic splints including Hare traction,
non-sterile dressings, sitz baths.
- 2.1 Assists patients with turning, coughing and deep breathing.
- 3. Performs specimen collection/procedures.
- 3.1 Phelbotomy: Uses computer system as required to document and print labels. Verifies patient identification by checking ID bracelet. Uses correct technique and procedures in collecting specimens, including correct collection tubes and obtaining correct amount of blood as specified. Performs finger stick glucose test.
- 4. Uses effective interpersonal relation skills in all interactions.
- 4.1 Demonstrates respect for the other person in all interactions.
- 5. Maintains active involvement in all educational activities related to role.
- 5.1 Attends all mandatory inservices and equipment validations. Attends other educational offerings as assigned.
- 6. Performs other responsibilities as requested by Manager.
- 6.1 Assists in orienting new Clinical Technicians.
High school diploma or equivalent; and completed ER Tech training or other equivalent (i.e. completed EMT Training or Student Nurse who has completed one semester of clinical experience)
Either (A) One (1) year of patient care experience or experience in an emergency room or other related setting or (B) Student Nurse who has completed one semester of clinical experience
English speaking, reading and writing ability. Competent to provide care to patients of all ages. CPR certification preferred or must attain it before completion of orientation and maintain the certification. Must complete specialized training and be adequately prepared upon completion of probationary period for urine pregnancy testing, orthopedic casting and splints and phlebotomy. Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced setting.