To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Set up trays for patients. Carefully follows tray tickets and menus. Serves only food specifies on diet and honors food preference of patients.
- 1. Sets up trays for patients with tray tickets, napkin, silverware, dishes, condiments and cold foods.
Prepares beverages for each meal.
All trays will be served to patients in accordance with their food preferences and within the guidelines of their dietary needs.
- 2. Interacts with patients, families, and visitors by courteously greeting them by name, actively listening to their comments and meeting their needs whenever possible.
Works cooperative and promotes problem solving with other members.
- 3. Follows standards for safe food preparations.
- 4. Keeps work areas and assigned equipment clean.
Keeps refrigerators and freezers clean and organized.
- 5. Prepares frosting and whipped topping for cakes and puddings.
Garnishes desserts attractively
- 6. Portions desserts, juices, jellies, supplements, breads, syrups, etc.
- 7. Prepares nourishments for patients and delivers nourishment to floors. Dates and labels nourishments, applesauce, milkshakes and sandwiches.
- 8. Keeps tray carts clean and sanitized.
Notes changes in census and makes sure that every patient has a tray set up
- 9. Reads the regular menu and the special diet breakdown menu at each meal.
- 10. Brings call backs to floors as needed
- 11. Distributes lunches to staff
- 12. Dates and labels food to be stored in refrigerators.
Cleans reach in refrigerators.
- 13. Pours hot beverages at dinner and supper. Places on patient tray according to preference.
- 14. Cleans reach in refrigerators
Keeps toasters clean.
Cleans coffee machine as instructed.
- 15. Cleans patients' tray cards and informs supervisor when one is missing.
Keep supervisor informed of all problems.
- 16. Follows rules of sanitation and correct food handling. Follows dress code. Does not eat in the kitchen. Has clean hands and fingernails
- 17. Serves trays attractively with all food at the proper temperatures
- 18. Works in dishroom on clean side to assist dishwasher.
- 19. Performs other duties assigned
High school diploma or equivalent
6 months of experience is preferred
Know basic principles of quality food service.
Know how to use certain pieces of equipment.
Knowledge of standards of attractive food service and high standards of sanitation cleanliness and neatness
Must be in good health, have ability to follow oral and written directions. Able to bend, lift and stand for long periods