To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The position reports to the Manager of Corporate Accounting/Grant Finance and coordinates accounting and contract administration relative to the CORE (Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation), Government Grants and Contracts and the reporting and administration of Government programs such as the US System for Award Management (SAMS) and all related programs. This position all supports the GRO (Grant Resource Organization).
- 1. Prepare, review and reconcile the supporting detail that supports the CORE monthly government invoices in order to obtain/request appropriate signature/approval.
- 2. Prepare the required journal entries for all invoices submitted by CORE and upload into INFOR monthly, including preparing the monthly reporting of the share of indirect expenses between CORE and the GRO, which includes preparation of the appropriate journal entries.
- 3. Prepare, reconcile and upload the monthly balance sheet reconciliations for CORE.
- 4. Prepare the CORE contract invoice reconciliation sheets and reconcile with CORE and the budget team, while attending all CORE and finance meetings, especially including the monthly general ledger reconciliation meeting.
- 5. Review and approve all CORE Consulting and Subcontract agreements for appropriate government clauses and flow down requirements. Consult with Corporate Legal when and if required. Once completed prepare the contract Intake sheet and obtain approval from the VP Business Development.
- 6. Work with CORE daily to assist the technical and financial teams to address issues that need resolution in order to be in compliance with the awarded contract(s), including preparing and uploading the required documents that are due for small business reporting (eSRS and SAMs).
- 7. As a member of the CORE compliance team, participate in all meetings to address/discuss any conflict of interest and mitigation issues as necessary.
- 8. As the official Corporate Point of Contact and Administrator, complete and update all HSC and segment reporting into the SAMs system.
- 9. Complete, on a quarterly basis, the required reporting into the Governments Invoice Processing Platform (IPP) and the Payment Management System (PMS) for the reporting of our grant requirements and for draw down of funds.
- 10. Support all Government audits of our accounting system, contracts and grants.
- 11. Review and approve, for government reporting, our fringe benefit monthly rate.
- 12. Prepare and submit, after appropriate approval, our yearly indirect expense proposal. After approval, submit the proposal to the Department of Health and Human Services. Act as the focal point for any audit questions or request for additional information and as the primary negotiator.
- 13. Continue to keep current our Corporate Cost Accounting Standards Board Disclosure Statement (CASB DS) as required by Public Law 100-679.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting required. CPA or Master's degree in accounting or other finance background preferred
Minimum of five (5) years' accounting experience working in a grant/finance/accounting capacity or other relevant experience is required and substantial experience in the preparation and interpretation of financial reports. Solid experience in computerized financial applications is necessary. Government Accounting/Contracting experience preferred.
Excellent analytical and communication skills. Strong personal computer background. Ability to research and interpret accounting and health care industry standards. A working knowledge of Government Accounting is desired, including the ability to also research and interpret FAR requirements.