To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Directly responsible for managing the daily operations, optimization efforts, transformational projects, new clinic design, staffing models, business plans and other assigned duties for: North Haven Medical Center, Adult Primary Care Centers- York Street/SRC, Nathan Smith Clinic, Haelen Center, Winchester Chest Clinic and other ambulatory sites /operations/projects as determined. Provides direction within span of control and works in collaboration with Yale -New Haven Hospital and Yale School of Medicine Departments. Responsible for the coordination of services at sites in alignment with the Ambulatory principles for efficient models of care. Ensures that ambulatory sites within span of control demonstrates superior outcome, provide seamless delivery of care, and maintain competitive cost structures. Responsible for ensuring the collaborative nursing model for magnet designation and that its associated requirements are sustained in ambulatory sites of responsibility. Responsible for patient experience standards and performance within sites in span of control along with having a direct link to patients. Responsible for monitoring of performance metrics and for the management of performance improvement projects and for compliance to regulatory standards at the ambulatory sites within span of control.
- 1. Manages and directs the administrative activities of:
- 1.1 a. North Haven Medical Center I. Budgeted dollars (salary/non-salary, no recoveries): $833,633 admin cost center ii. FY17 Cases: 82,686
- 2. Ensures efficient operations and effective services
- 3. Meets with leadership and physicians to discuss the provision of services, administrative policies and procedures, capital budget development and review, regulatory review/coordination and other key administrative issues as appropriate
- 4. Coordinates resources for optimal delivery of services at all sites to identify service gaps
- 5. Ensures site specific leadership provides day to day management in an effective manner
- 6. Transformational Leadership of Primary Care Centers
- 6.1 Communicates hospital vision and mission to all span as well as YM Leadership, Consortium members, and consultants during this process
- 7. Transformational Leadership of North Haven Medical Center
- 7.1 Communicates hospital vision and mission to all span as well as YM Leadership, internal team members and outside contractors during this process
- 8. Leadership: Provide leadership and accomplish objectives through innovation
- 8.1 Prioritizes clear transparent communications with staff, faculty, colleagues, and outside individuals
- 9. Business Strategy and Implementation: Contribute to strategic plans, develop operational plans and ensures understanding, alignment and commitment of all staff within span of control.
- 9.1 Collaborates with leadership to design, develop, and implement clinically and fiscally responsible program philosophies, goals and objectives
- 10. Human Resources Management. Effectively utilizes existing process to select, align, develop, motivate and retain a team of highly skilled professionals.
- 10.1 Provides vision and leadership to staff in a collaborative environment that offers job satisfaction , recognition, and stimulates innovative thinking to accomplish goals and objectives
- 11. Ensures YNHH patient Experience standards adherence
- 11.1 Ensures that all staff is held accountable for adhering to patient experience standards
- 12. Outcomes Management: Ensure that desired clinical outcomes are achieved through cost effective and efficient processes. Identifies and analyzes trends in customer service/satisfaction and provides leadership in resolving and negative trends.
- 12.1 Participates/leads supply standardization and utilization initiatives
- 13. Operational Management:
- 13.1 Oversees and develops systems to ensure accountability for operations and managerial effectiveness
- 14. Decision Making: Formulates and communicates program vision, goals and plans consistent with hospital strategies and policies
- 14.1 Formulates and executes ambulatory vision, goals, and plans consistent with Hospital strategies and policy
- 15. Key Interfaces:
- 15.1 Interacts primarily with the following external interfaces: physicians, patients and families and community leaders
Masters of Nursing degree required.
8 Years of leadership experience required.
CT State Registered Nursing licensure required.
This position will focus on care signature consistency across all ambulatory sites. Seeking individuals with strong analytical skills, innovation, and creativity.